Adding a stand-alone building to your property allows you to gain usable square footage, and a boosted property value with added curb appeal – and customizing your steel building to match existing structures on your property is easier than you may think! Future Buildings custom steel building kits can suit a variety of aesthetics and blend to perfectly match your home or other structure. Read on to learn about 3 basic components to coordinating a matching steel building:
Unlike “out of the box” building kits, with Future Buildings you have several different building styles to choose from, and finding a shape for your steel building kit to compliment your home or existing structure may be a key consideration in your overall steel building design.
No matter which building style you choose, safety and quality are paramount – your custom steel building kit will be designed and engineered to meet the specific wind, snow and seismic loads for the exact location your building kit will be installed.
- This 32’ A-Model steel building matches the customer’s home perfectly and shows off an additional feature with its custom door.
- This customer’s X-Model building offers slightly more interior space than our popular A-model, with its sloped walls and peaked roof, beautifully matched to their home.
Learn More About Steel Building Kit Styles
Get Creative with the Shape
One way to make sure your new steel building doesn’t look out of place is to get creative with the shape. At Future Buildings, we have a variety of different metal building styles to choose from, making it easy to match your existing structure. For example, if your main building was constructed in a more traditional manner, our A model will complement its look. Our S and Q styles are suitable for a variety of existing architecture, while our T style may suit more contemporary buildings better. We also have the X style, which has the look of a traditional barn and complements farmhouses well.
Windows & Doors
Adding optional windows and doors to your steel building’s design can be a great way to combine functional components and seamlessly integrate your steel building on your property with style.
Just like our buildings themselves, Future Buildings offers easy-installation steel man doors and sliding doors, also covered under our 40-year rust perforation warranty.
- The roll-up door and exterior finish help make this customer’s A-Model building a match made in heaven paired with their home!
- Matching white doors, grey siding and black trim really make this customer’s S-Model steel garage and home shine.
Learn More About Steel Building Accessories
Different Types of Doors You Can Add to Steel Buildings
Your metal building kit will include a standard entrance and exit door. However, there are a variety of different doors that you can choose to add to your metal building kit after you purchase it. These can improve the overall function of your building as well as allow it to better match the style of your home. The following are a few examples of different doors you can add:
- Entrance and Exit Doors: You can choose to swap out the included entrance and exit doors with something larger or something in a different style. These types of doors can reflect a similar style to those on your main building, thereby helping to achieve a cohesive look. They can be either single or double doors, depending on your needs.
- Overhead Doors: If you plan to use your steel building for storage or as a garage, you’ll need to add one or more overhead doors. These can be either roll-up or sectional doors, depending on your preferences.
- Emergency Evacuation Doors: Though not necessary, you may want to consider adding an emergency evacuation door. This additional door will provide an alternative way to exit the building in the event of a fire or other emergency.
The endwalls of your building are undoubtedly one of the best (and easiest) ways to pair your steel building kit with your home. Our pre-painted steel endwalls and trims come in 4 different colours (in addition to a plain steel option) and are made from the same industrial-grade Galvalume PlusTM steel as your building’s arches, adding a “residential touch” with durable silicone modified polyester paint.
If you want to take your customizations to the next level, you can alternatively consider adding a custom finish to your endwall. From wood finishes to brick facades, your creativity knows virtually no limit to what you can do to customize your steel building’s exterior (and interior too)!
- This customer’s 37’ A-Model steel building is uniquely matched to the customizations of the home on their property.
- A few more steps and this customer’s work-in-progress A-Model with custom facing is almost complete!
Get the building you need AND want – our expert Building Specialists are licensed in jurisdictions across North America, and our friendly customer support team are here to help you throughout your project. Connect with us today at 1-800-668-5111.
Ready to get your steel building kit project started? Request your free True Pricing Quote here!