Steel Barns & Quonset Buildings
Agricultural Steel Building Options
Future Buildings Offers Many Affordable Quonset Steel Building Options
Many people may be unfamiliar with the term Quonset hut. Despite not knowing the name of this type of structure, you have likely seen one before. They can often be found on farms and in agricultural settings and represented the early format for a farmer’s field and farm building. These structures have sloped or rounded walls and are perfect for a variety of purposes beyond agriculture and farming, that also includes commercial buildings, workshops, and equipment garages.
The Benefits of Future Buildings Quonset Agricultural Buildings
- Construction: When building a Quonset hut, keep in mind that it does not have any interior columns or braces. This helps to make the construction quick and easy. The weight of the structure is instead held up by the unique design of the arches.
- Customizable: Whether you want an open-ended structure for storage or prefer a closed building, a Quonset hut can be customized to match your needs and requirements. They can be further designed to include insulation, ventilation, windows, doors, and partitions to ensure that you get the most out of the space.
- Durable: Quonset huts are created using Galvalume Plus™ steel. This makes them very durable and resistant to both rust and corrosion. In addition, they can withstand a variety of weather conditions, including heavy snowfalls and high winds.
- Interior Space: Since there are no interior structural supports in a Quonset hut, the inside is completely open. This clear-span interior ensures that the space is unobstructed and able to be used as needed. Despite the lack of uniform height throughout the building, they are still quite spacious and able to be used for a variety of things.
Quonset Hut Styles
There are a few different styles of Quonset hut to choose from. Each has a slightly different shape, allowing it to be used in a variety of ways.
- A Style: The A style of Quonset hut has straight sides and a peaked roof. It lends itself to creating a more conventional appearance. It is available in widths from 16’ (4.87m) to 40’ (12.46m) and varying center heights. There is no limit on the length of this style.
- Q Style: This is the traditional Quonset style. It is semi-circular build with no straight walls. It can be designed at widths from 16’ (4.87m) up to 125’ (38.10m). The height is limited to half of the width or less.
- S Style: This style consists of straight walls with an arched roof. The straight sidewalls allow for you to put larger pieces of equipment against the walls. It can be made in widths from 10’ (3.04m) up to 75’ (22.86m) and have different center heights based on the size of the walls used.
- X Style: The X building style consists of sloped walls and a peaked roof. This provides slightly more interior space. It is available in widths of 20’ (6.09m) to 60’ (18.28m) and varying center heights.
The building specialist at Future Buildings was extremely professional, personable and so knowledgeable when recommending the ideal steel building for our farm. The kit came on two pallets and my building was really very easy to construct from there. No issues at all! I highly recommend this company.
Sun River, Montana
Applications of Quonset Hut Buildings
Quonset huts offer an affordable, customizable option to create the home of your dreams. They can be expanded to an almost unlimited length and designed with spacious rooms and a cozy interior.
Do you require storage for your commercial items? A Quonset building provides 100% clear-span space, allowing you to store anything with no internal beams to maneuver around. Quonset huts are suitable warehouses because of their durability and pest resistance.
Agricultural, Barns, and Farming
Quonset barns can be used for various purposes, including livestock housing, crop storage, and equipment protection. These long-lasting steel structures are an excellent investment for your farm and provide natural resistance to mold, rot, and the weather.
If you are frustrated by a lack of storage space for your tools, craft supplies, or hobby equipment, a Quonset hut can provide a stable work environment. They can double as both a workshop and a storage building.
Setting up or expanding your business is easy with a Quonset hut. Retail shops, businesses, restaurants, and more can all benefit from the use of these buildings.
We can all use a little more space to store items like tools, bikes, lawnmowers, and more. Quonset huts can be customized to fit your storage needs and expanded as your needs change in the future.
Quonset hut garages are economical and can be customized to fit your needs, ranging from a single-car garage to a multi-vehicle garage with room for extra toys.
Why Should You Choose Our Quonset Hut?
Simple and quick to construct
Clear-span interior space
Frequently Asked Questions About Quonset Buildings
The following are answers to some of the common questions our customers tend to have about prefab metal Quonset buildings:
How Much Does It Cost to Build a Quonset Building?
The cost of a Quonset building kit varies. There are a lot of different factors that contribute to the overall cost, including how big it is, the building’s specifications, the number of upgrades added, and the location you wish to erect it. However, they are easy and quick to construct, which helps lower the cost compared to other buildings.
How Strong Are Quonset Huts?
Quonset huts are incredibly strong. You won’t find many other buildings that are more durable. Quonset huts are made using commercial grade steel and an arch design. As a result, they can withstand all types of extreme weather conditions, including strong winds, hailstorms, heavy snow, and seismic activity.
How Long Will a Quonset Hut Last?
Because our Quonset huts are built with such high-quality steel, they will last for a long time. It’s worth noting that we manufacture our Quonset huts using Galvalume Plus™ Steel, which comes with a 40-year rust perforation warranty.
What are the Benefits of Prefab Quonset Buildings?
There are several benefits to purchasing a prefabricated Quonset building instead of constructing one from scratch on-site. These include:
- Prefab Quonset huts allow for more customization and can be designed according to use.
- Quonset huts built out of prefabricated metal are more likely to withstand extreme weather.
- As a result of being pre-engineered, prefab Quonset huts won’t require welding on site. It means that the actual construction on your property will be much easier and take less time.
Get A Quonset Hut Building to Suit Your Varied Needs
Future Buildings offers Quonset huts for a variety of needs. They are robust, adaptable, and have easy-to-assemble prefabricated sections to make construction easier. Our building specialists can provide you with information about our structures and make recommendations on size, type, and accessories. Call us at 1-800-668-5111 to speak with an expert in your area or fill out our online form to request a quote.