When it comes to building a large storage shed, don’t assume that they’re all the same. Consider what your needs are to determine what type of storage shed will suit you best. For example, if things like durability and security are important, you should strongly consider investing in a steel storage shed. Large steel storage sheds are more affordable, easier to install, and offer design flexibility that traditional building materials don’t have.
Why Build a Large Storage Building?
Smaller sheds may not fit everything you need, especially if you’re housing large equipment. Additionally, by building a large storage shed, you can ensure that there’s still room to move around and storage space available for future needs. With that in mind, the following are a few reasons why you should construct your storage building out of steel:
- The Strength of Galvanized Steel: Galvanized steel has been treated with a zinc coating to prevent rust and corrosion. This makes it an ideal material for outdoor storage buildings, as it can withstand even the harshest weather conditions.
- Easier Installation: Steel buildings come in prefabricated parts that you can assemble on-site. As a result, installing a steel storage shed will take much less time and effort than a shed built on-site from the ground up.
- Unmatched Durability: Few materials are as strong as steel. A storage shed made from steel is much more likely to withstand impact damage as well as general wear and tear caused by long-term exposure to the elements than sheds built out of other materials.
- Exceptional Warranty: Because steel storage sheds are so durable, most manufacturers offer lengthy warranties on their products. At Future Buildings, we provide a 40-year rust perforation warranty on all of our structures.
- Resists Fire and Pests: Wood buildings are vulnerable to damage caused by fire and pests. Steel is resistant to both, which means it’s much more suitable for storage applications.
- Versatile and Easy to Maintain: Steel storage sheds don’t require support beams, unlike other types. As such, the space is much easier to use however you want, and you can customize the size of your steel shed to fit your specific needs. Finally, steel is easy to maintain.
- It Can Increase Your Commercial Property Value: Building a storage shed can help increase the value of your commercial property. Because of their durability and versatility, steel storage sheds will make your property more desirable to potential buyers. You’re also improving your property’s overall function, which helps add value.
The Best Way to Build Storage Buildings
If you decide to build a large storage building on your property, it’s critical that you do your due diligence. This ensures your storage shed will meet your needs and fit the available space.
First, you’ll need to assess what your budget is. Following this, you should determine how much space is available on your property to build your shed, whether the foundation is appropriate for construction, and your specific needs. For example, if you’re using the shed to store large equipment, you’ll need doorways that are wide enough to accommodate it.
Additional Considerations for a Storage Building
There are a few things to consider when evaluating your property to determine where you want to build your storage shed. The land needs to be stable and level. If it’s not, you may need to grade it first. Secondly, the site needs to be dry. If water collects there when it rains, it will likely cause issues in the future. Finally, make sure that there aren’t any nearby trees with overhanging branches. If there are, trim them back before you begin construction.
To ensure that your shed isn’t flooded or exposed to moisture damage, you need to ensure that it has a solid foundation. The shed should be built off the ground, and the foundation should help with water drainage. One way to establish a solid foundation for your large metal shed is by laying down a concrete slab as a base.
You’ll find that the cost of building a large metal storage building is generally more affordable than using a different material. In the short term, the prefabricated construction and reduced labour costs for installation help to lower the price. In the long term, you will be less likely to pay for repairs.
Each metal building is customized based on the needs of our clients, so the price may vary greatly from one project to another.
Why Future Buildings Is the Best Choice for Large Storage Buildings
At Future Buildings, we offer a wide range of metal storage shed options that can be customized to fit your needs, including large storage building kits prefabricated using Galvalume Plus™ steel. For more information about our steel storage shed solutions, contact us online or call 1-800-668-5111 today.
Also Read: Metal Storage Buildings: How to Choose the Right Size & Location