Prefabricated Quonset Huts, Homes and Buildings
The History of Quonset Buildings
During World War II, the US Navy needed all-purpose buildings that were easy to ship and assemble yet were also lightweight and portable. As such, the Quonset hut was created.
Quonset huts have since been used for additional military purposes such as barracks and latrines, and also as residential and commercial buildings. Their versatility allows them to be utilized in a variety of ways, and they are durable, affordable and easy to maintain.
The Benefits of Selecting a Quonset Building
- Constructed with durable steel
- The most affordable steel building design
- Minimal maintenance
- Easy assembly
- No support beams for maximum internal space
- Sized for your Needs
- Easily expandable
The Popularity of Quonset Huts
- Strength – Each Quonset hut is made of 100% steel providing durability and resistance to the elements including heavy snowfalls. They can be gauged to be sure they meet any local wind and snow building codes.
- Ease of Assembly – Since Quonset structures were designed to be assembled by unskilled workers in any location, they are quite easy to put together using simple bolt-together construction. No additional machinery is required, and a basic building can be finished in a matter of days.
- Customization – Quonsets are able to be made in nearly any size and have the option to add a variety of accessories including skylights, vents and windows. The endwalls can also be coloured to match existing structures on the property.
- Affordability – The design of a Quonset means that there is little needed to construct it, saving you money on material and transport costs. Given how easy it is to assemble, you will also save on contractors and equipment.
Ways to Use a Quonset Hut
Contact Us to Discuss Our Quonset Hut Options
Quonset huts are a very affordable steel building design that we offer at Future Steel Buildings. As with all of our products, they are durable, customizable for your exact needs and specifications and include easy-to-assemble prefabricated pieces to ensure a smooth construction process.
If you are interested in learning more about our Quonset huts or any other building we offer, reach out to us by filling out our online form to request a quote or calling us directly at 1-800-668-5111 to speak immediately to an expert for your region.