A garage can be incredibly beneficial, whether you need the space for your car or want to use it for storage, as a workshop, or as a multi-purpose space. Whatever the case, you should strongly consider a Quonset garage kit. The following is a deep dive into Quonset garage kits to help you determine if one will be right for you.
Your Quonset Garage, Workshop & Shop Kit
The U.S. military originally used Quonset huts during World War II because of their easy assembly and portability. Today, Quonset garage kits are a popular choice for residential and commercial buildings due to their affordability and flexibility.
Quonset huts are prefabricated steel structures designed for easy assembly, which makes them incredibly versatile. They can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as home workshops, additional storage, and even commercial businesses. These are great options if you’re looking for a quick and affordable way to construct a garage or workshop on your property. The pre-manufactured kits come in many sizes, styles, and applications to best suit your needs.
How to Build Your Steel Quonset Hut Garage
One of the primary advantages of buying a Quonset garage kit is that you can assemble it yourself. All kits come with easy-to-follow instructions and can be assembled quickly, depending on how much help you have. With that in mind, the following are the general steps required to assemble your Quonset garage:
- First, lay out the pieces on the ground.
- Then, bolt the panels together to build the arch.
- Once assembled, raise your arches into position.
- Bolt the arches to the foundation.
- Finally, install the end walls.
The Quonset Hut Interior
Whatever you decide to use your Quonset hut for, you should strongly consider insulating it. Adding insulation is crucial if you plan on using your Quonset hut as a workshop, storage or living space. Without insulation, the garage will be cold in the winter and hot in the summer. If you plan to add climate control to your Quonset hut, insulation will be a must to help keep energy costs low.
5 Ways to Customize Your Quonset Hut
One of the perks of ordering a prefab Quonset hut is that you can customize it to your needs. The following are some of the customization options that you can choose from when designing your Quonset garage:
- Windows: If you plan to use your garage space as a workshop, you can customize your endwalls with windows. Adding windows will not only provide natural light and ventilation but can also make the space feel more comfortable.
- Skylights: Skylights are great for adding natural light, especially in larger Quonset garage spaces. They also make the garage feel more open, which can make it feel more spacious than it is.
- Vents: Vents are essential for any enclosed space with electric tools or other equipment that can produce heat and exhaust. You’ll need vents to circulate air and keep the garage temperature comfortable.
- Doors: An essential part of any garage kit, you can choose from a variety of door styles and sizes. If you plan to use your Quonset hut as a garage, you’ll want sliding or roll-up doors to get the most out of your space. However, you may also want to add regular doors to make it easier to enter and exit.
- Insulation: Insulation is a must. We offer a custom, pre-cut cap and pin insulation system that is easy to install and that will help keep your space comfortable throughout the year.
Our Quonset Huts are Made of Galvalume Plus™ Steel
Although the structure of a Quonset hut is inherently stable due to the way it’s designed, the quality of the steel used in construction is an essential factor to consider. The higher quality the metal is, the longer it will last and the more resistant it will be against damage caused by things like exposure to the elements or corrosion.
At Future Buildings, we manufacture all of our metal building kits out of Galvalume Plus™ Steel, which is one of the highest-quality metals available on the market. Made from a metal alloy mix of 45% zinc and 55% aluminum, Galvalume Plus™ Steel provides superior protection against rust and corrosion.
We guarantee the lifetime and longevity of our Quonset huts with a 40-year warranty against rust perforation.
Get Ready-to-Assemble Quonset Hut Kits from Future Buildings
If you’re thinking about adding a garage space, then you can’t go wrong with a Quonset hut kit from Future Buildings. Our prefabricated kits are made from the highest-quality steel, are easy to assemble, and can be customized to fit your specific needs. For more information about our Quonset huts or any of our other metal building kits, be sure to contact us online or give us a call at 1-800-668-5111 to speak with one of our building specialists directly today.