If you own a car, you know how important it is to protect it against the elements. Exposure to rain and snow can lead to long-term wear and tear and costly damage due to hailstorms or wind debris. One of the best ways to protect your car is by installing a new carport. Carports are a great option because they are both affordable and flexible in their use. After all, the function of a carport doesn’t have to be limited to just protecting your car. A carport can also be used as an additional storage space. It can even be used to entertain friends outside or to offer cover for home projects.
Although there are many advantages to having a carport, one question remains: should you get a used carport or a brand new one?
Old or New Carport – Which Should You Choose?
At first glance, you might come to the conclusion that a used carport is the best way to go. After all, used carports are typically cheaper. If you’re on a budget, this is important. However, you’re missing out on a lot of benefits if you decide to buy a used carport instead of a new one. In fact, the advantages of a new carport are well worth the costs in the long run. With that in mind, the following are a few of the primary reasons you should buy a new carport:
New Carports Can Be Customized
There’s no customizing a used carport – what you see is what you get. If you buy a new carport, you can customize it to fit your needs. For example, you’ll be able to select the size you need for the space you have. You’ll also be able to customize the structure to suit the cars or recreational vehicles you need to store.
Anytime you buy anything used, it means that it’s already experienced some wear and tear from the previous owner. The same goes for a used carport. As a result, a new carport will require much less maintenance.
Peace of Mind with Warranties
Although used carports may come with warranties, they’ll be very limited. A new carport will have much greater coverage. As a result, a new carport will come with greater peace of mind.
Depending on the age, older carports may use older materials that may not hold up as well as modern items. Not to mention that newer carports will have been built using better techniques, which means that they will offer greater protection and will likely last longer than used carports.
Price & Reliability
When you buy a used carport, you’re sacrificing reliability for price. There’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to rely on your used carport for years to come. When you buy a new carport, you may have to spend a little extra, but you’ll know what you’re getting. On top of that, finding a used carport can take a long time. After all, you’ll need to find sellers, figure out how to get it to your location, and more.
Why Metal Carports Are an Ideal Option
If you’re going to buy a carport, you should be sure to invest in one built out of metal. The following are some of the reasons why a metal carport is the best option:
- Durable: Metal is extremely durable and can withstand severe weather conditions, including heavy rainfall, strong winds, and snow. This is essential since you’ll want to make sure your carport will remain standing, especially if your vehicle is parked beneath it.
- Versatile: Metal carports offer tons of customization options. You can choose the exact size of your carport since the components are prefabricated. This means that you can design your metal carport to fit the exact space available on your property or customize it to fit the exact number of vehicles you need to store.
- Quick Assembly: Wooden carports take time to install because they need to be built from the ground up on-site. Metal carports are prefabricated, which means that they can be easily assembled on the spot in one day. As a result, you’ll also save money on labour and installation when buying a metal carport.
- Recyclable: Steel is 100 percent recyclable. As such, when you invest in a metal carport, you’re reducing your carbon footprint. Your metal carport will last a lifetime, and whenever you are finished with it, the metal can be repurposed.
- Fire Resistant: Steel is fire-resistant, which means you’ll never have to worry about your carport catching fire. It’s one of the significant advantages that metal carports have over traditional wooden garages. As a result, a metal carport will offer even more protection to anything you store beneath it.
- Resistant to Mold, Mildew, and Pests: One of the major drawbacks of using a wooden garage or carport is that it’s vulnerable to a variety of issues, including mold, mildew, and pests. Metal is resistant to all these things, which means you’ll never have to worry about any of this.
- Protection: New metal carports are built with the latest safety regulations and standards in mind, which means that they will offer the highest level of protection possible.
- Keeps Vehicles Clean: A metal carport offers unbeatable protection from debris or mess caused by birds and squirrels in the trees overhead. This helps to keep your paint free from scratches or damage, and ensures nothing is dropped on your windows from above.
Get the Perfect Carport You Need with Future Buildings
If you need a carport to protect your vehicle or any other items, then be sure to get a new metal carport. At Future Buildings, we offer a wide range of customizable metal carports that will fit your needs. Fill out our online form to request a free quote, or call us at 1-800-668-5111 for more information about our metal carports today.