When it comes to selecting the material for your next project, steel has become the most popular choice. As a lightweight yet durable option that is strong and environmentally friendly, steel is the perfect material for a wide variety of structures. It can be easily customized for your exact needs and offers a host of benefits not seen in ones built with wood or brick.
Steel will give you a better and more reliable building once completed and can also save you a considerable amount of money in the long run.
Steel Buildings Offer Excellent Cost Savings
There are several factors that impact the cost of your structure, no matter which material you are using. These are a few of the ways that metal buildings help to keep your project within budget:
Speed of Construction
Construction for steel buildings can be completed quickly compared to the months or sometimes years it may take to finish a structure made of wood or brick. This is in large part due to the consistency and reliability of steel. While wood may need to be cut or feature warps, knots, or cracks, each piece of a steel building is produced in a factory according to precise designs, reducing human error and ensuring it is perfectly formed. It is also cut to size with any necessary holes pre-drilled, making the assembly process fast and easy.
While you may not consider steel to initially be a less expensive option, it really shows its worth when you look at the construction costs and lifetime value. Because each piece is prefabricated, you reduce material waste. This helps lower the overall cost spent on material as you are not paying for pieces that will be discarded once you are finished. The durability and reliability of steel structures also ensure they will continue to serve you for years.
Steel Building Kits are Easy to Erect
A prefabricated steel building kit is simple to construct. All pieces are cut to size, and all holes have been drilled, so the kit is ready when it arrives. For smaller, simpler structures, a small group can often get it up over a few days. Larger projects may require the assistance of a crew or machinery to lift the arches into place but can also be completed relatively quickly.
Long-Lasting, Strong, and Durable
The lifetime cost of a steel building is typically lower than one made with other materials due to its strength and durability. It is resistant to pests and fire, able to stand up to local wind and snow loads, doesn’t deteriorate over time, won’t rot, and has a rust-resistant coating. This ensures your structure will last for years and can drastically reduce or eliminate the money spent on repairs and maintenance.
Three Ways A Steel Building Kit Saves Money During Construction
Compared to other materials, prefabricated steel buildings can be constructed quicker, saving you time. This means you are also saving money, as the longer a project takes to complete, the more it is likely to cost. These are several ways a steel building kit can save you money:
- Reduced Labour Cost – With smaller and more simple structures, you will often be able to erect them with a small group over a few days. If you do this with people you know, the labour cost will be low, if there is any. For larger projects, a team of people may be required. Labour is often one of the biggest expenses in building projects, so the faster a building can be completed, the less the cost will be. Prefabricated building kits go up quickly, reducing the amount of time you will need the labourers on-site and reducing the price.
- Fewer Delays – Having a project go over the expected timeline can be costly, and you may begin to run into issues. Weather delays, extended labourer costs, and the risk of contractors needing to work on other projects and leaving yours are all possible if your build runs long. With a prefabricated building kit, you will find that it is much faster to erect and finish than other structures, ensuring your project will be completed on time and as expected.
- Quicker to Use – The faster you complete the construction work, the sooner you can start benefiting from the structure. This means your business is able to set up and turn a profit quicker, you can pull your vehicle or boat out of costly storage and get it into a garage earlier than expected, and more.
Future Buildings Makes Your Project Fast and Efficient
Our steel building kits are designed to suit your project perfectly and make construction easy.
- Compliant to Codes – Our steel building kits are created to be compliant with all local building codes in your area, including wind, snow, and seismic loads. This ensures your structure is up to code and ready to use without needing modifications.
- Fewer Pieces Required – For traditional builds, thousands of pieces may be required. With a steel building, there are fewer elements needed to create a strong and complete structure.
- Ready to Assemble – Our prefabricated building kits arrive ready to bolt together, with every piece cut to length, pre-drilled, shaped, and marked. This means you don’t need to cut, weld, or hammer anything. We use the same bolts for the entire structure, so any bolt works with any piece.
- Reduced Errors – Each piece of our building kits are factory-produced to the specific measurements required. This reduces the opportunity for human error that may waste time, money, and materials. The pieces are also made to fit together perfectly, ensuring the assembly process is simple.
Save Time and Money with a Prefabricated Steel Building Kit from Future Buildings
Our building kits go up faster and last longer than standard wooden or brick structures. If you need a reliable structure that can be ready quickly, trust the experienced team at Future Buildings. We will help find the perfect building for your needs and ensure it is suitable for your area. Contact us today to get started and see the benefits of building with steel!