When building a new structure on your property, metal garage packages are one of the most versatile options you can choose. At first glance, you might assume that buying a garage will limit what you can do with the structure. After all, what can you do with a garage other than use it to house your vehicles or additional storage?
It helps to know that these structures can be adapted to work well in various residential, commercial, and industrial applications. A metal garage can also be easily customized, especially compared to garages built out of other materials, such as wood or stone. With that in mind, the following is a guide on the different ways you can use a metal garage and how you can improve its functionality.
6 Hacks to Improve the Functionality of Your Garage
Metal garage packages can serve many different functions on your property. The garage space is not limited to one particular use, allowing it to serve any number of functions, both now and in the future. With that in mind, there are various ways you can modify your garage to make it more functional for your specific needs.
1. Add an Overhead Garage Door:
An overhead garage door is perfect if you plan to store large items in your garage, as it will give you easy access to these items. For instance, if you plan to use the garage to store your vehicles, then you’ll want to ensure that they can easily get in and out.
2. Add Proper Lighting Systems
Oftentimes, garages can be quite dark, making it difficult to see what you’re doing. Adding lighting is crucial to make the garage brighter and easier to see in.
If you plan to spend a lot of time inside the garage, then you’ll want to improve its comfort. This means ensuring it is adequately insulated so it’s not too hot or too cold. You’ll also want to consider adding a floor covering to make the space more comfortable to walk on and spend time in.
4. Add Vertical Storage
Adding vertical storage helps free up floor space. For instance, if you have a lot of tools and equipment, you can easily add a pegboard or shelving unit to store these items vertically. This will help to clear up some floor space so you can use the garage for other purposes, such as working on a project or parking your car.
5. Paint the Interior
Most garage owners don’t put a lot of effort into the interior design of their garage, especially if they don’t plan on spending a lot of time inside it. However, a fresh coat of paint can make the garage feel cleaner and more inviting. It can also help brighten the area and make it feel more spacious. You can paint directly on the steel or finish the garage with drywall to create a smooth canvas.
The type of flooring you choose for your garage can also significantly affect its overall function. For instance, if you plan on using the garage for working on projects, then you’ll want to choose a type of flooring that is durable and easy to clean, such as concrete. However, if you’re simply using the garage for storage, then any type of flooring would be fine.
10 Small Business Ideas Using Garage Packages
There are countless things that you can do with a garage. For instance, they can easily be used for a small business. The following are ten ideas for small businesses you can start using one of our metal garage packages:
- Fitness Centre: The open space of a garage makes it an ideal solution for a small fitness centre. You can easily turn a metal garage into a small gym by adding weights, cardio equipment, and other fitness essentials.
- Hardware Store: If you’re handy with tools and know your way around a garage, then starting a small hardware store could be the perfect business for you. You can easily stock your garage with the necessary hardware and tools for home improvement projects.
- Cleaning & Maintenance: A garage is perfect for starting a small cleaning and maintenance business. A garage can provide the space you need to store your equipment and supplies.
- Daycare: A garage can easily be turned into a livable space if you add some windows, flooring, and insulation. Once that’s done, you can furnish the garage and turn it into a small daycare.
- Pet Store or Groomer: You can also turn your garage into a small pet store. As long as you have the necessary permits, you can easily stock your garage with pet food, supplies, and toys. With proper insulation and ventilation, you can care for them as well.
- Business Office: If you’re planning to run a business from home, setting up your garage as an office is a great way to save on overhead costs. You can easily add a desk, computer, and other office essentials to your garage.
- Legal Consultancy Service: Like an office, a legal consultancy service can be run from a garage. The garage makes for a perfect office space because of its privacy.
- Coffee Shop: A garage can also be turned into a small coffee shop. If you have the necessary permits, you can install some countertops, shelves, and a coffee machine. You can then start selling coffee and other drinks to customers.
- Auto Repair Shop: The original function of a garage is to house vehicles. As such, it only makes sense that you can use your garage to start an auto repair shop. You can easily stock your garage with the necessary tools and supplies for repairing cars. You can also install a lift to service vehicles.
- Car Wash: Like an auto repair shop, using a garage is ideal for any small business involving car-related services, including a car wash.
Metal Garages for Any Way of Life
A metal garage can be used for almost any purpose and is one of the most cost-effective ways to construct a building on your property. Steel is one of the most durable materials you can use for your garage due to its strength and resistance to all kinds of damage, including fire, mold, termites, and long-term exposure to the elements.
Save With Future Buildings Garage Packages
At Future Buildings, we have a variety of metal garage packages available that come with a solid back wall and a pre-framed opening for an overhead door in a wide range of dimensions to ensure that they fit your specific needs.
Your One-Stop Destination for The Best Metal Garage Packages
Whether you’re planning to start a small business or simply need storage space for your vehicles or belongings, our metal garages are the perfect solution. We have a wide range of sizes and styles available, so you’re sure to find one perfect for you. Contact us to request a quote or call us directly at 1-800-668-5111 today.