How Prefab Steel Buildings are Superior to Pole Barns
Pole barns and steel structures are used not only for storage, but also for outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns, hobby rooms and even homes. Not sure if a steel building or a pole barn is the right choice for your residential property? Learn how a prefabricated steel building kit designed, manufactured and shipped directly to you from Future Buildings is a superior option for a standalone structure of any size.
Cost & Construction
The initial purchase cost and the time and money needed to install are often the first areas of concern for homeowners considering adding an outbuilding to their property. The benefits of choosing a steel structure versus constructing a pole barn add up right from the start:
- Future Buildings doesn’t just simply sell pre-made building kits – we design and produce them, so our customers can enjoy savings with factory-direct pricing.
- Thanks to energy efficiency, a steel building also allows you to save money long-term with reduced heating and cooling costs.
- A custom prefabricated steel building kit comes with precut, pre-punched steel panels – no cutting or wasting materials and time, contractor’s fees or tool rentals. Countless hours (and guesswork) can be saved over a DIY-installation day or two with a few friends.
Maintenance & Durability
Residential steel building owners don’t just save time at construction, they also enjoy virtually maintenance and worry-free use of their steel building in any climate or weather, even harsh winters:
- Designed by our qualified engineers to meet your local load requirements and using the highest quality steel available in today’s market, Future Buildings steel structures simply have a sturdier frame with a longer lifespan that outlasts other building materials, especially wood.
- Our Galvalume PlusTM Steel is 3-6 times stronger than traditional steel and 7 times more resistant to rust and corrosion than other types of steel.
- Although you can paint a steel building for aesthetic preferences, unlike wood it will not naturally warp, swell or crack as it ages and a steel building won’t need preventative care measures or regular repairs.
Use & Protection
Just as important as your outbuilding itself is what you do with it! Whether you want a building to function as a workshop, garage, studio or even a basic carport, a steel building outshines pole barns and other options when it comes to opportunities for how it’s used – and protecting what it houses:
- The truss-less design of all Future Buildings’ prefabricated steel building kits allows you to maximize the entire interior of a steel building, whereas posts, beams or columns within a pole barn can greatly reduce how you’re able to use the space.
- Windows, doors, skylights and other customization options allow you to get the functionality and look you want from your steel outbuilding instead of being limited by premade designs.
- You can decide to extend your steel building with simple renovations if you need more space down the road – just add more arches.
- Unlike a pole barn made from wood, steel is termite and pest-proof, rot-free and fire resistant, keeping your investment and valuables safe and secured.
Available in any size with customization options for comfort and function and a 40-year rust perforation warranty for your peace of mind, when you choose a prefabricated steel building kit you can expect nothing but the best for your new garage, workshop and more.
Your fully customized steel building kit is waiting for you – Request a True Pricing Quote and get started now.