Constructing new storage buildings is expensive, which is why it is important to make sure that you select the best option. As a farmer, you’ll want to get the maximum usable space per square foot for your money and choose the structure that doesn’t require additional investments on top of the initial cost. The building you install should provide long-term protection and security to whatever it is you’re storing.
With that in mind, agricultural metal buildings are the best choice for your farming operations. Prefab metal structures, such as horse stables or steel farm storage buildings, are the most reliable solution for your farming requirements.
8 Agricultural Uses of Metal and Steel Buildings
The following are eight examples of how metal storage buildings can be used on your farm:
If you have any livestock on your farm, whether it’s chickens, cows, pigs, horses, sheep, or working dogs, you’ll want to ensure that they’re protected from both the weather and any potential predators. A metal building will not only shelter your livestock but will also withstand the wear and tear of harsh weather conditions over time. The durability and strength of steel also mean predators will find it near impossible to find a way inside.
Inclement weather or vandalism can easily ruin your supplies if they aren’t housed properly, which can affect your profits. Metal storage buildings will keep your supplies secure since they are much more difficult to get into than other types of buildings, helping to deter thieves and vandals. They will also protect your supplies from damage caused by rain or moisture.
Store Equipment and Machinery
Any equipment or machinery you’ve invested in, such as tractors, mowers, chisel plows, and harvesters, are expensive. These assets can easily be damaged if they’re not properly protected. Leaving them outside can result in damage caused by exposure to the elements. As such, a metal building can go a long way towards extending the lifespan of your farm equipment and machinery.
Your crops and the materials you need to grow them must be carefully stored to preserve them for sale. Not only will you need storage space for the crops, seeds, and animal feed, but you’ll need to protect them from hungry wildlife. A metal building is a perfect solution for this. Additionally, metal storage buildings can also be customized with insulation to reduce moisture levels in the building and help preserve any temperature-sensitive crops you’ve harvested, such as vegetables, fruits, grains, and nuts.
Create a Recreation Area
Having extra room on your farm is useful for a variety of recreational uses. You can use it to create an indoor space to ride horses or provide some space for them to exercise on rainy days. You could also build an educational centre where children can get close to animals and learn more about them, or design a beautiful venue that you can rent out for events or use yourself.
Provide Extra Storage
It’s always helpful to have storage space on your farm. A metal building can be used to meet all your storage needs, whether you need to store equipment, tools, furniture, or personal belongings. Anything you keep in a metal building will be safe and secure.
Use As a Farmhouse
Building a farmhouse on your property can be useful for hosting events, whether it’s a party for friends or a family reunion. Metal buildings can easily be customized with windows, insulation, and more to create a comfortable space to spend time with those close to you.
There are many other ways for which a metal building can be used. For example, metal buildings can be customized for use as a maintenance workshop for your machinery and equipment, a garage space for your vehicles, or a dairy building for preparing dairy products.
The Benefits of Steel & Metal Buildings to the Agricultural Industry
There are many ways that you can use steel and metal buildings to improve your farm. In addition to these, metal offers unmatched benefits compared to other building materials such as wood or concrete. The following are a few of the advantages of choosing steel and metal buildings:
- Durability – Metal buildings are much more durable than traditional wood buildings. Metal walls can withstand strong winds, heavy rain and snow, and exposure to extreme temperatures as the building is customized to meet the wind, snow, and seismic loads in your area.
- Efficiency – Prefab metal buildings are easy to customize and install, which means they will take no time at all to build. Metal will also reflect sunlight and keep your space from getting too warm. If you plan to keep livestock or crops inside, though, it is recommended that you insulate the structure.
- Pest and Fire Resistance – Traditional wood buildings are much more vulnerable to termite and carpenter ant damage. They are also much more likely to experience damage in the event of a fire. Metal buildings are resistant to both pest and fire damage.
- Low Maintenance – Because metal buildings are much less likely to be damaged by pests, fire, or exposure to the elements, they are less likely to require repairs over time. This makes them very low maintenance over their lifetime.
- Cost-Effectiveness – The budget you set for your agricultural building should factor in the long-term costs. Since metal buildings are less likely to require repairs or replacement, they are more cost-effective than other options.
Agricultural Steel Building Options to Suit Every Need
At Future Buildings, we manufacture prefab metal arch wall buildings that will suit your needs. Whether you’re storing machinery, livestock, crops, or using the space for something else, a steel building provides unmatched protection and security.
Not only are our metal structures easy to assemble without the help of a professional, but they are also endlessly customizable. We offer premeasured and precut insulation, ventilation systems, and more to ensure your steel building meets all your requirements. Contact us to speak to one of our steel building experts or fill out our free quote request form today!