Have you decided that you need a new storage building on your property? If so, you’ll want to ensure that it’s durable, secure, and resistant to the elements, whether it be rain, snow, or simply long-term exposure to the sun. The best way to ensure that it meets these criteria is to invest in a metal storage building.
Metal storage buildings are extremely durable and are much more resistant to the elements as well as rust, mold, mildew, and pests than other types of materials, such as wood or brick. With that in mind, the following is a guide to choosing the right metal storage building for you.
Prefabricated Metal Storage Buildings
Prefab metal storage buildings are essentially completed structures that are shipped to your property, and ready to be installed. Although the components are pre-made, you still have some control over the size and shape of your structure and can still add certain features. Prefab metal storage buildings are less expensive than custom metal storage buildings and can be assembled much faster without the help of a professional construction service.
Different Sizes of Metal Storage Buildings
When it comes to prefab metal building kits, there are different sizes that you can choose from, and you are often able to customize your building if you need a specific size. The following are the general sizes available:
- Large Storage Buildings: Large metal storage buildings typically measure around 50×100. This size building gives you a lot of flexibility and is typically large enough to store furniture, recreational vehicles, equipment, and other items. The size of a larger storage building also provides more versatility in terms of how you use the space since there’s no need for support columns. As such, you can use the entire space for storage or even convert it into a retail space or a garage.
- Mid-Size Storage Buildings: A mid-size storage building typically covers around 40×60 feet of space. While it’s smaller than a large storage building, it still provides plenty of room for storing necessary items and materials or even converting it into a smaller garage or workshop.
- Small Storage Buildings: Small storage buildings measure around 20×20, which is perfect for residential storage. It’s also worth noting that metal storage buildings can have their length expanded with the addition of more arches. This means you can always increase the size of the structure should you need more space in the future.
Metal Storage Building Considerations
There are a few considerations to keep in mind before buying a metal storage building kit. These include the following:
- Weather Rating: Metal storage buildings are designed to resist the elements and are able to be customized to suit your location. This is why it is important to specify the location where your building will be placed. They can be designed for snow, wind, and seismic loads.
- Insulation: Metal storage buildings can also be insulated, which will help maintain a consistent temperature inside the structure. This is particularly important if your building will be used to store items that are sensitive to changes in temperature or if you’ll be using the building for other purposes, such as a workshop. Not only does insulation help keep the space comfortable, but it helps to reduce energy costs as well.
Metal Storage Building Permit Rules
It doesn’t matter how big or small your metal storage building will be. You’re going to need to check your local permit requirements before you start building. Most areas have regulations regarding how large a storage building can be, where it can be located, and other important factors. The following are a few tips when it comes to the permit process:
- Do Not Overlook the Amenities: When it comes to permits, you’ll need to take into account all the amenities that come with a metal storage building. This includes windows, doors, and other features that may be required in the building code.
- Pay Attention to Zoning Laws: Each city or municipality has its own zoning laws that dictate where a storage building can be built. Make sure you understand your local rules and regulations before beginning construction.
Application Opportunities for Big Metal Storage Buildings
One of the advantages of having a big metal storage building is that it doesn’t have to be limited to storage. Metal storage buildings can be used for a number of purposes, such as workshops, home offices, garages, and even living quarters. They are strong enough to protect anything inside, and their strength and durability make the building more secure than other types of materials. Because they don’t require columns for support, it makes it much easier to store as well as move large inventory, vehicles, and equipment in and out.
Trust Future Buildings for Great Metal Storage Structures
At Future Buildings, we understand that when you need extra storage space on your property, you want something reliable and trustworthy. That’s why we provide high-quality metal storage buildings that are designed to stand up to the elements and keep your belongings safe.
Our metal storage buildings come with easy assembly instructions and are pre-engineered for fast, efficient construction. We also offer a wide range of sizes to fit any budget and space requirements, so you can find the ideal metal storage building that meets your needs. For more information about our steel buildings or our customization options, be sure to contact us online or call us at 1-800-668-5111 today.