Steel Barns & Quonset Buildings
Agricultural Steel Building Options
Steel Barns and Agricultural Steel Building Photos
CASE STUDIES – Tony’s New Steel Barn
Tony farms 200 acres of his property and was looking for a steel barn to provide shelter for his crops and to house various farm machinery. His Future Buildings Steel Building provided him with a large open space for harvesting his crops and storing his tractors. Tony is now purchasing a second building from Future Buildings for his livestock.
The Belfour Farm
The Belfour family from Northern Ontario purchased a hobby farm. Mr. Belfour was looking for barn storage space to keep animal feed and hay. The “A” style steel building was best suited for the Belfour family as it provided large amounts of room for storage, feed, hay and equipment.
Affordable Quonset Steel Buildings
Many people may be unfamiliar with the term Quonset hut. Despite not knowing the name of this type of structure, you have likely seen one before. They can often be found on farms and in agricultural settings. These structures have sloped or rounded walls and are typically used for a variety of purposes including agriculture and farming, commercial buildings, workshops, and garages.
The Benefits of Quonset Huts
- Construction: When building a Quonset hut, keep in mind that it does not have any interior columns or braces. This helps to make the construction quick and easy. The weight of the structure is instead held up by the unique design of the arches.
- Customizable: Whether you want an open-ended structure for storage or prefer a closed building, a Quonset hut can be customized to match your needs and requirements. They can be further designed to include insulation, ventilation, windows, doors, and partitions to ensure that you get the most out of the space.
- Durable: Quonset huts are created using Galvalume Plus™ steel. This makes them very durable and resistant to both rust and corrosion. In addition, they can withstand a variety of weather conditions, including heavy snowfalls and high winds.
- Interior Space: Since there are no interior structural supports in a Quonset hut, the inside is completely open. This clear-span interior ensures that the space is unobstructed and able to be used as needed. Despite the lack of uniform height throughout the building, they are still quite spacious and able to be used for a variety of things.
Quonset Hut Styles
There are a few different styles of Quonset hut to choose from. Each has a slightly different shape, allowing it to be used in a variety of ways.
- A Style: The A style of Quonset hut has straight sides and a peaked roof. It lends itself to creating a more conventional appearance. It is available in widths from 16’ (4.87m) to 40’ (12.46m) and varying center heights. There is no limit on the length of this style.
- Q Style: This is the traditional Quonset style. It is semi-circular build with no straight walls. It can be designed at widths from 16’ (4.87m) up to 125’ (38.10m). The height is limited to half of the width or less.
- S Style: This style consists of straight walls with an arched roof. The straight sidewalls allow for you to put larger pieces of equipment against the walls. It can be made in widths from 10’ (3.04m) up to 75’ (22.86m) and have different center heights based on the size of the walls used.
- X Style: The X building style consists of sloped walls and a peaked roof. This provides slightly more interior space. It is available in widths of 20’ (6.09m) to 60’ (18.28m) and varying center heights.
Applications of Quonset Hut Buildings
There are a variety of uses for a Quonset hut. These include residential, agricultural, farming and commercial use.
- Agricultural and Farming: When used in a farming and agricultural setting, Quonset huts make excellent storage sheds for grains, crops and animal feed. They are also great horse barns and housing for livestock.
- Commercial: The commercial uses for Quonset huts include auto shops, movie theatres, restaurants, arenas, airplane hangars, and retail stores.
- Residential: Quonset huts make excellent residential buildings. Their uses include homes, garages, workshops, sheds and more.
Why Should You Choose Our Quonset Hut?
- Simple and quick to construct
- Low cost
- Easily customizable
- Clear-span interior space with no obstructions